Raider Hill is seeking a Finance Analyst to assist the firm with external reporting, financial analysis, quality control, tax, and compliance. The Finance Analyst will act as a liaison between various functions across the firm and the firm’s various capital partners and clients, thereby providing exceptional professional exposure to the firm’s investment and advisory activities. The position will have a balance of internal and external facing responsibilities, which will require professional maturity, exceptional organizational skills, a remarkable sense of accountability, and an acute attention to detail. The position is located in the company’s New York City office and will report to the Senior Vice President of Asset Management & Operations.
• External Reporting:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational reports for investors, lenders, and principals - Regular reporting will consist of financial filings, investor reporting, lender reporting, cash flow forecasts, and ad hoc requests - Confirm information provided by various departments is accurate and appropriately reflected in financial reporting and investor presentations - Prepare financial and operating reports in accordance with established lender and partnership requirements - Review all third-party vendor reports for accuracy and completeness - Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies while mitigating errors with internal and external processes
• Asset Management Support:
- Support the asset management team in the oversight of day-to-day property operations for retail properties under management - Ensure property-level budgets and monthly reporting are precise, timely, and according to company standard - Provide support for Raider Hill’s transaction teams, particularly related to the analysis and review of lease economics, asset dispositions, and due diligence
- Work with tax service providers to ensure compliance with tax regulations for all relevant entities - Liaise between tax and accounting to ensure pertinent analyses are completed correctly and in advance of deadlines - Evaluate tax implications and the impact to the financial position of affected entities
- Work with legal counsel to set up legal entities and manage governance - Liaise with appropriate federal and state authorities to maintain entity compliance - Manage investor records and correspondence pertaining to respective operating platforms
- 1-2 years of experience in an analyst role, preferably with prior experience in retail real estate - High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, Word and PowerPoint - Familiarity with real estate accounting software such as Yardi or MRI - Working knowledge of US GAAP and income tax basis of accounting - Superior written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents at all levels of the organization - Keen attention to accuracy and detail while under tight deadlines - Strong quantitative and analytical skills - Excellent problem-solving skills and results-oriented attitude - Outstanding work ethic, self-directed, and ability to work well under pressure - Completion of a real estate case study and/or an onsite - Excel proficiency test may be required - Bachelor’s Degree - Valid Driver’s License
- Nature of work requires ability to organize, communicate and exchange information as well as collect, compile, and prepare work documents while operating standard business office equipment - Work is performed in a general office environment - The Coronavirus pandemic may require remote onboarding and work in the immediate term - May require extended hours during peak periods - Travel may be required
***Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Raider Hill will only be contacting applicants we intend to interview for the position.