• The scope shall be to lead, to take charge and to cause the overall project coordination and execution, including without limitation, causing the preparation of project(s) master business plans, action agendas, and driving the sales, branding, marketing, recruiting and relationship activities and otherwise to be knowledgeable of the entire scope of the work as the responsible officer.
• Develop, in concert with the other senior management/ownership the market-driven, project strategic plan including the scope and timing of the various components of the plan as well as pricing and financial structuring to maximize the owner’s return on this asset.
• Organize appropriate reporting systems, oversee accounting and other internal financial components, ensure compliance and consistency in conduct of scheduled meetings on the various sectors involved in the project execution, cause professional and accurate reporting on all the necessary and desired activities which may be underway.
1. The role is to cause such plan to be assembled by leading and coordinating the process, organizing the actions, bringing together the various components of Design, Construction, Marketing/ Branding, Leasing, Sales, Accounting, Reporting, and Asset/Property Management.
2. Set frequency of meeting and planning schedules and ensure that all the parties involved in the project, including the design, development, and construction providers are in attendance and contributing, facilitate or chair the meeting as is appropriate and most effective, giving credits and respect to the roles and responsibilities of all the officers and contributors.
1. The role is to be directly responsible (including partnering with outside consultants as needed) for creating a unique marketing program, a theme for branding, and a process for advertising, mail, and all other valued forms of media in a targeted way to the customers and to the community from which such customers are sourced and in which we make a lasting contribution at the same time.
2. The goal is to cause the project to become a household name, broadly understood, all in accord with the theme we establish, and the value statement associated.
• Sales/Leasing: The role is to be directly responsible for causing a high-energy sales program to secure the various categories of users who will, by our successes, allow the project to be fully developed in ten to twelve years; namely:
1. The sale of the “Flats” (and potentially condominiums in the top component of the taller buildings);
2. Leasing of apartments to stabilization;
3. Securing office building anchor tenants, and then multi-tenants;
4. Securing a grocery store;
5. Securing multiple restaurant operators, and retail operators and establishments for as shown on the preliminary plan;
6. Securing entertainment venues that are compatible with the above. Such efforts shall be planned and directed around securing not less than 75% all of such business directly, and 25% via the brokerage community; and staffing shall be put in place to that end.
• Community/Governmental Relations: This officer will be responsible to personally develop and maintain close working relationships with the various governmental and quasi-governmental agencies and the neighborhoods affected and surrounding the project.
1. This officer reports directly to the Managing Director of Real Estate.
2. This individual shall oversee and facilitate the business processes and cost control features as well as coordinating and insuring comprehensive and timely reporting on appropriate frequencies.
3. Prepare monthly management reports to the Managing Director, CEO, and Chairperson to keep them fully informed. Such reports are to be completed on or before the tenth day of the month in a timely manner.
• Capital Raising: Assist the Managing Director of Central Business Group, as requested, and as helpful to assemble the financing presentations, visits, team trips, and to identify and to encourage third-party investors to invest in the project as partners, joint venturers, or lenders as the case may be.
• Other: Actively participate in the Company meetings of officers, communicate effectively, recommend ideas, and identify opportunities, act as a collaborative team member in the conduct of the workday.
About Poline Associates
Poline Associates is an international executive search firm specializing in the shopping center industry.We serve property owners, developers, retailers and service providers who are seeking remarkable talent and work to align them with candidates who are eager for new growth opportunities. Since 1979, our team has been connecting companies and candidates with a commitment to integrity and client satisfaction—making us the industry’s most trusted leader in recruitment.