Job Description Summary
Responsible for all phases of property accounting using established accounting principles, including financial reporting for clients, projects, or business units.
Essential Job Duties:
* Perform Full Cycle Accounting to include analysis of accounts or accounting transactions. Oversee cash management, AP and AR, general ledger maintenance, and annual reconciliations. Prioritize and maintain organization of a high-volume workload.
* Perform revenue accounting functions of monthly annual rent roll processing and preparation of tenant invoicing, cash receipt application to tenant accounts, and oversee lease specific billing processes including percentage rent calculations, late & administrative fees, annual CPI escalations, and tenant billbacks. Ensure collection of all rent and additional rent payments in a timely manner.
* Timely and accurately perform tenant lease set-up and lease abstraction in real-estate software system.
* Maintain tenant sales information - manage the collection of sales, input of data production, and the distribution of sales reports.
* Maintain all lease specific schedules including kickout schedule, co-tenancy requirements, extension options, recovery schedules, radius restrictions, etc.
* Prepare comprehensive monthly financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements; Includes prioritizing and maintaining high volume workload and productivity standards.
* Assist in property budgeting and forecasting - compile key leasing assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants. Enter budget/forecast information into the accounting software system, review data for accuracy, and provide applicable variance comments.
* Calculate property management fees and lease commissions in accordance with property management agreement.
* Research, analyze and effectively communicate complex accounting issues and escalate appropriately.
* Effectively communicate and collaborate with clients and property management in a timely manner.
* Apply appropriate procedures for preparation of accounting records, research of transactions and reporting.
* Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies, problems and recommendations to the attention of management.
* Prepare and review fixed asset ledgers to ensure items are properly capitalized and depreciated based on owner requirements; Calculate and record straight-line rent based on client preferences.
* Comply and assist with internal and external audits by providing appropriate documentation and information as requested.
* Perform other related duties as required or requested.
* Bachelor's Degree. Finance or Accounting preferred.
* Requires three to five years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Specialized Knowledge/Skills - Strong Proficiency in both Yardi real estate software and MS Office.
* Specialized Knowledge/Skills - Commercial real estate accounting experience required. Shopping center experience a plus.
* Attention to Detail
* Communication - Oral & Written
* Customer/Client Focus
* Financial Management
* Independent Judgment
* Relationship Management
* Results Driven
* Time Management
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.