Sr. Property Manager
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a major high rise property, a portfolio of properties for a single client, a large investment property, client-occupied campus, or a corporate client with multiple locations. Accountable for all business, financial, and management aspects of the assigned asset(s) and employees.
[Please delete this section before finalizing the Job Requisition: Below is an example Job Description for this Job Profile, and may need to be updated to reflect the specific responsibilities of this role. Please also ensure that you validate the selection of the Job Profile and placement of this Position in the Job Architecture before finalizing. ]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implement the approved strategic management plan for the asset(s). Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations to assure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures of client and C&W;, the management agreement, and are consistent with client's overall objectives
* Oversee the preparation of the annual budget and management plan, monthly financial reports, variance reports, and CAM reconciliations for the client. Responsible for reviewing and approving all reports prior to delivering to the client
* Adhere to the approved budget with primary responsibility for cash flow forecasts, reforecasts, funding requests. Also responsible for reviewing real estate tax assessments and engaging tax consultants when necessary and as approved by client
* Conduct site inspections at a minimum on a monthly basis. Ensure a property inspection program is in place and implemented
* Monitor and enforce the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and payment of rents in compliance with the leases
* Oversee and approve the creation and maintenance of all site specific documentation and initiatives including, but not limited to, tenant handbooks, tenant anniversary programs, and other tenant retention programs, training meetings for tenants, site operations manuals and emergency procedures manuals
* Primarily responsible for controlling the procurement, contracting, and expenditure processes per policies of the client and C&W.; Collaborate with client accounting to ensure the client's and C&W;'s policies and procedures, including C&W;'s SOC Controls, are adhered to
* Oversee all construction projects and delegate components of the projects, where possible, to ensure accurate and timely completion
* Ensure regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability for both client and C&W;
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with tenants and client
* Hire, train, and supervise management staff. Responsible for performance management, salary reviews, goal setting
* Participate in negotiation of service contracts to achieve highest levels of performance at competitive pricing in compliance with the client's and C&W;'s policies and procedures. Ensure team is overseeing vendors and accountability measures are in place
* Ensure processes and procedures are in place for the following (not limited to): certificates of insurance tracking for tenants and vendors, tenant move ins/outs, work order systems and tracking of preventative and proactive work orders, above standard bill backs
1. Financial Acumen
2. Customer Focus (internal and external)
3. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
4. Time Management Skills
5. People Management Skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
* 5-8 years of commercial property management and senior property management experience
* Extensive experience in analysing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
* Proven experience in management/evaluation/development/motivation of subordinates
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* CPM and/or RPA comparable experience in a senior leadership role; active participation in local and national chapters preferred
* Real Estate License
* Thorough understanding of financial reporting and variance analysis
* Extremely high sense of urgency tied to internal and external customer service focus with proven ability to employ a high level of time management skills focused on prioritization and delegation
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 85% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W; provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W; takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W.; These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.The compensation for the position is: $153,000.00 - $180,000.00Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.